Completed in 1851, this National Historic Landmark is a museum of state history and politics. Additions to the building were made several times. The Capitol was restored in 1992. The Confederacy began in the original Senate chamber and the Selma to Montgomery 1965 Voting Rights March ended on the street in front of the building.
Built in 1936, this was home to the municipal courts